[podcast src=”https://html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/5246786/height/360/width/450/theme/standard/autonext/no/thumbnail/yes/autoplay/no/preload/no/no_addthis/no/direction/forward/” height=”360″ width=”450″]
Click Here to Download
In this episode of Your Second Opinion, Shoshana Bryen joins the Haym Salomon Center podcast host Mike Siegel to discuss American policy in regards to Israel and the Middle East. Ms. Bryen is the senior director of the Jewish Policy Center, a Washington, D.C. based think tank for the Jewish community.
This episode seeks to bring awareness about the complex issues surrounding U.S. policy towards Israel and the Middle East in general. After listening to this episode, you will have a greater understanding of the difficult choices facing the American government today and what policies would be best for the state of Israel.
In this episode, topics discussed include:
- The reason the Jewish Policy Center believes advocating for a strong U.S. military will ultimately benefit the state of Israel
- Mohammed Morsi’s presidency and its impact on the threat to the state of Israel
- The potential effectiveness of sanctions against Iran and what could make them more effective
- The challenges in stopping ISIS right now and why fighting ISIS is different than other enemies
- The potential ease of moving the U.S. embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem to identify it as the capitol of the state of Israel
Shoshana Bryen is an analyst of U.S. defense policy and Middle East affairs. The former Executive Director and Senior Director for Security Policy at JINSA, Mrs. Bryen was author of the widely republished JINSA Reports. She has worked with the Strategic Studies Institute of the U.S. Army War College and the Institute for National Security Studies in Tel Aviv, and lectured at the National Defense University in Washington.
Her work has appeared in The Wall Street Journal, the New York Sun and Defense News, among other outlets, as well as in JINSA Reports. She is a Member of the Advisory Board of the Aleethia Foundation that provides opportunities for wounded veterans of the Iran and Afghanistan wars, and is a Member of the Board of the Naval Academy Jewish Chapel Foundation.