[podcast src=”https://html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/5174728/height/360/width/450/theme/standard/autonext/no/thumbnail/yes/autoplay/no/preload/no/no_addthis/no/direction/forward/” height=”360″ width=”450″]
Click Here to Download
In this episode of Your Second Opinion, Edward Hudgins joins the Haym Salomon Center podcast host Mike Siegel to discuss the affect of the views of libertarianism and socialism on the State of Israel. Dr. Hudgins is the Director of Advocacy and a Senior Scholar at The Atlas Society.
This episode seeks to bring awareness about the connection between libertarianism and the state of Israel, both in the United States and around the world. After listening to this episode, you will have a greater understanding of how many libertarians view the state of Israel and why.
In this episode, topics discussed include:
- The reasons why many libertarians are not supportive of the state of Israel
- The different thought processes on immigrant and securing borders for both the United States and Israel
- Ayn Rand’s libertarianism views and her support of the state of Israel
- Israel’s roots in libertarianism and socialism and transition to a more capitalist society
- Milton Friedman’s take on the combination of collectivism and individualism in Israel
Edward Hudgins, Ph.D. is Director of Advocacy at The Atlas Society.
Ed is formerly director of regulatory studies for the Cato Institute and editor of Regulation magazine, is an expert on the regulation of space and transportation, pharmaceuticals, and labor. He served as a senior economist for the Joint Economic Committee of the U.S. Congress and was both deputy director for economic policy studies and director of the Center for International Economic Growth at the Heritage Foundation. He has testified on many occasions before Congress.
His opinion writing has been published in The Wall Street Journal, Houston Chronicle, USA Today, Philadelphia Inquirer, Journal of Commerce, Aviation Week & Space Technology, among other publications. In addition he is the best-selling author of The Republican Party’s Civil War: Will Freedom Win?